Voice & Accent Certification โ€” Intro Class Tonight
06
HRS
:
32
MIN
:
00
SEC
JOIN NOW
Cambridge Veritas
Cambridge Veritas - Free Grammar Hub

Free English Grammar Lessons & Exercises (A1-C2)

Learn English grammar online with 107 free lessons covering beginner to advanced levels from A1 to C2. Each Cambridge Veritas grammar lesson combines a clear explanation, real-life examples, common mistakes, and an interactive quiz so you can understand the rule and practise using it.

Choose your CEFR level or search for a grammar topic such as English tenses, articles, prepositions, modal verbs, conditionals, passive voice, reported speech, or sentence structure. Whether you are improving your own English, preparing for an exam, or teaching ESL learners, you can use the lessons independently and revisit them whenever you need.

Not sure where to begin? Check your English level first, then follow the grammar lessons for your CEFR band.

107
Free lessons
765
Quiz questions
6
CEFR levels
Free
Online access

Learn English Grammar Online for Free

Clear Grammar Explanations, Examples and Practice

Use the hub as a step-by-step grammar library or as a quick reference when you already know the topic you need.

Learn the rule

Read a plain-English explanation before you practise.

Study examples

See how the structure works in real sentences.

Take a quiz

Check whether you can recognise and use the form.

Apply it

Move from grammar knowledge into speaking and writing.

Choose Your English Grammar Level

Grammar Lessons by CEFR Level

Start with the level closest to your current English ability, then move upward when the examples and quizzes feel comfortable.

Browse English Grammar by Topic

Find the Grammar Point You Need

Use these topic links when you already know the area you want to study. They open the grammar library with a matching search.

Practise English Grammar With Interactive Quizzes

Learn, Check, Repeat

Grammar improves fastest when explanation is followed by active recall. Many Cambridge Veritas lessons include short quizzes so you can test the rule immediately and return to the explanation when needed.

Topic-focused questions
Instant answer feedback
Short practice sessions
Useful for revision

How to Use These Grammar Lessons

A Simple Study Routine

Keep each session focused on one grammar point so practice leads to real control.

1

Choose your level

Start with the CEFR level closest to your current ability.

2

Learn one grammar point

Read the rule and study the examples before moving on.

3

Take the quiz

Check whether you can recognise the correct structure.

4

Create your own examples

Write sentences connected to your life, work, or study.

5

Use it in communication

Bring the structure into speaking and writing practice.

English Grammar for IELTS, Work and Everyday Communication

Use Grammar Where It Matters

Choose lessons that support the communication goal in front of you.

IELTS preparation

Work on sentence variety, tense control, linking words, clauses, and accuracy for IELTS writing and speaking.

Explore IELTS Masterclass

Workplace English

Use grammar to make emails, meetings, presentations, and professional conversations clearer and more precise.

Explore Business English

Everyday fluency

Build confidence with structures you can use in daily conversation, study, travel, and independent learning.

Explore Advanced Fluency

English Grammar Resources for Teachers & TESOL Trainees

Support Lessons, Revision and Independent Practice

Cambridge Veritas grammar lessons can support lesson planning, revision, and independent practice for ESL/EFL learners. Teachers can use individual pages to introduce or review language forms, identify common errors, and assign short quizzes for follow-up practice.

Training to become an English teacher?

Connect grammar awareness with lesson planning, learner support, and evidence-based teaching practice through the Cambridge Veritas TESOL pathway.

Not Sure of Your English Level?

Find Your Starting Point

Take the free online English level test first, then continue with grammar lessons for your CEFR band.

Take the Free Level Test Open Interactive English Practice

How Cambridge Veritas Grammar Lessons Are Created

Level-Based, Practice-Oriented Grammar

The hub is organised around CEFR progression, practical grammar explanations, real examples, common learner errors, and short checks for understanding. Hub content reviewed: October 2026.

Review CEFR Levels

All Free Grammar Lessons

Search and Browse the Lesson Library

Use search, level filters, and crawlable pagination to move through the full grammar library.

โณ
โณ A1-A2 Grammar

I Have Done (Present Perfect)

Welcome to a captivating exploration of the present perfect tense! This lesson will take you on a journey through the intricacies of this ve...

Quiz2 min read
โณ
โณ A1-A2 Grammar

Present Perfect

Understand how to use the present perfect tense to ask and answer questions about the duration of actions or states. Additionally, know the...

Quiz2 min read
๐Ÿ’ช
๐Ÿ’ช A1-A2 Grammar

Should 1

This blog explains how to use "should" and "ought to" for giving advice, expressing opinions, and setting expectations. It covers present an...

2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Present continuous (I Am Doing)

Learn about using '-ing' in English in our easy blog post. Great for intermediate learners to understand gerunds, participles, and more with...

Quiz2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Present Simple (I Do)

This blog explores the usage of the present simple tense in English, covering general statements, regular actions, spelling rules, forming q...

Quiz2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Present Continuous and Present Simple 2 (I Am Doing and I Do)

Explore the differences between present continuous (I am doing) and present simple (I do) tenses in English grammar. Learn when and how to u...

Quiz2 min read
๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ” B1-B2 Grammar

If I Do โ€ฆ And If I Did โ€ฆ

Learn the Difference Between 'If I Do...' and 'If I Did...' in English Grammar" Discover the nuances of using 'if I do' and 'if I did' in En...

2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Past Simple- I Did

The simple past tense is a verb tense used to describe an action that has already been completed. In English, it is often formed by adding t...

Quiz2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Past Continuous - I Was Doing

The past continuous tense, also known as the past progressive tense, is a verb tense used to describe ongoing actions or events that were ha...

Quiz2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Present Perfect 1 (I Have Done)

The present perfect tense is used to express actions or events that have a connection to the present, indicating that they occurred at some...

Quiz2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Present Perfect and Past 1 (I Have Done and I Did)

Navigating between the present perfect and past simple, we connect actions from the past to the present. "I have done" reflects ongoing rele...

Quiz2 min read
โณ
โณ B1-B2 Grammar

Present Perfect and Past Simple 2 (I Have Done and I Did)

Let's move on to Part 2 of the lesson!

Quiz2 min read
๐Ÿ’ช
๐Ÿ’ช B1-B2 Grammar

Mastering Polite Requests and Offers in Business English

Effective communication is a vital aspect of conducting business. In the present lesson, we will delve into the usage of "can/could/would yo...

Quiz2 min read
๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ” B1-B2 Grammar

Wish vs. hope

This lesson explains the difference between "wish" and "hope" in English, focusing on how to express wishes, regrets, and desires for the fu...

Quiz2 min read
๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ” B1-B2 Grammar

Iโ€™d rather vs. Iโ€™d prefer

This lesson explains the difference between using "prefer," "would prefer," and "would rather" in English. It covers how to express general...

Quiz2 min read

Frequently Asked Questions

Quick answers about using the Cambridge Veritas grammar hub.

Are the Cambridge Veritas English grammar lessons free?

Yes. The grammar hub is designed as a free learning library with explanations, examples, and practice activities learners can use independently.

What English levels do the grammar lessons cover?

The lessons are organised around CEFR progression from A1 and A2 foundations through B1 and B2 intermediate grammar to C1 and C2 advanced structures.

What grammar should I learn at A1 level?

A1 learners should focus on basic sentence order, present simple, be, have, articles, singular and plural nouns, pronouns, simple questions, and essential prepositions.

What grammar should I know at B1 and B2 level?

B1 and B2 learners usually need stronger control of perfect tenses, conditionals, passive voice, relative clauses, reported speech, modal verbs, and linking words.

What grammar should advanced C1-C2 learners study?

Advanced learners should refine nuance, register, emphasis, complex clauses, inversion, discourse markers, modality, hedging, and sophisticated sentence structure.

How can I improve my English grammar online?

Choose a CEFR level, study one grammar point at a time, read examples carefully, complete the quiz, write your own examples, and use the structure in speaking and writing.

Do the grammar lessons include quizzes?

Many lessons include interactive quiz questions so you can check understanding immediately after reviewing the rule, examples, and common usage patterns.

Can I use these lessons to prepare for IELTS?

Yes. Grammar accuracy supports IELTS writing and speaking, especially sentence control, tense accuracy, complex structures, punctuation, and error reduction.

Are these grammar lessons suitable for ESL and EFL learners?

Yes. The lessons are written for English learners studying online, including ESL and EFL learners who want clear explanations and level-based practice.

Can English teachers use these lessons with students?

Yes. Teachers can use individual lessons for revision, homework, classroom support, or short follow-up practice after introducing a grammar point.

Are the lessons useful for TESOL trainees?

Yes. TESOL trainees can use the lessons to review grammar awareness and observe how grammar explanations can be connected to examples and practice.

How do I find my English CEFR level?

Start with the Cambridge Veritas English level test or review the CEFR levels page, then choose grammar lessons that match your current band.